Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Traveling


Dear Log,

Soon I will be traveling to Orlando, Florida. I hope it will be a relaxing, yet enlightening adventure. I plan to visit Universal Studios, and perhaps gain some insight about animation. I shall be traveling with my dear partner which proves already to be a wonderful idea. In fact it will be our two year anniversary on the 4th of July.  But enough of my personal life.

Recently I tried creating an animation of a dog walking. Luckily my friend, who we shall call Benji, pointed out to me that I had in fact missed some crucial stages in the walk cycle. I had forgotten to return the paws back to their original place, making the dog look unbalanced and awkward. I will try to improve this piece and add in those frames. The animation is only 12 frames which is hardly smooth, but it was more intended as a trial run for the style of walk.



You see, I want to create a short animation about my sister's dog Bailey. She is a spunky, happy, Pomeranian with a lot of attitude. She's not the smartest creature, but with all her energy it is impossible to not be enraptured by her actions. I was inspired mostly by the animation of Simon's Cat (A popular collection on animated shorts), and wanted to see if I could apply my style to the creator's style of animation.

I have found that it is a lot of work sitting down and just drawing frame after frame. Especially after having worked a full day at my job. I am usually not brimming with a lot of vitality by the time midnight comes. Yet, around that time is when I find myself doing any worthwhile projects, such as now where it is 11:30pm.

As of late my poor hand has been causing me a bit of frustration. It flares up in pain every once in a while which makes it very hard to hold any small objects like a pen or pencil. This causes me much annoyance. I have debated going to the doctor, but I fear they will not be able to do anything for it. I like to think that I am much too old to be having body part degeneration.

Well, I fear I have begun to ramble. This was supposed to be a short entry merely explaining my travel plans. I will try to come again and write tomorrow.

Godspeed and good travels,

                                                         S.A Laroche

No comments:

Post a Comment